Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pretty Paintings

As you know, I love lowbrow art, especially creepy and cute lowbrow art. The coloring is always so pretty and it has the best out of both worlds; cuteness without being corny and creepiness without being scary.
The most popular painter who fits in that category is Mark Ryden, whom I talked about last week.


Another artist who makes some awesome cute and creepy lowbrow art is Tara McPherson. Or maybe it's not really that cute, but the colors are amazing, surreal and calm at the same time. I absolutely adore her artwork.


She made some great merchandise too. I ordered the "somewhere under the rainbow kit", I just had to have it. But now that I do, I can't use it in fear of spoiling it, so I just look at it from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...