Wednesday, January 27, 2010


Pretty Paintings

I am so excited about this whole art school thing and what makes it even cooler is that it's on the same day I write about art on my blog. I just get all happy and inspired on Wednesdays!
And also on Saturdays since I have art school then too, last time we made this painting and had to rip it up, glue the pieces back on and paint over it again, so it turned out to be abstract. I usually don't do abstract, but it was fun and not as hard as I thought it'd be. It got me a little out of my shell and because of that I'll show you something now that's a little different from what I normally like.


Being a huge supporter of recycling, I am glad to see artists do it in their work. I really like Nick Gentry's style of painting, and by recycling old floppy disks and VHS cassettes he really creates some unique pieces of art.


He also tries to make a great statement by using the things that were modern not too long ago, but are now these old fashioned things we throw out without a second thought.


So he has a message, he recycles and makes some pretty great paintings. What more do you want? How about being part of one of his works (well, in a small way anyway)? You can donate your old stuff by sending it, so he can build a stock of supplies. This guy get's cooler by the second. I am really looking forward to see what he'll do in the future. And am dying to try some art-recycling myself.

3 comments:

  1. Art by recycling ... what a very COOL concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting, I really like these pieces, though they do kind of play with my eyes lol

    And, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me such a nice comment on my birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...