Thursday, April 28, 2011

A brand new canvas

It's been such a long time since I've started an oil painting, but today out of the blue I decided to start one. It's not finished by far, what you see here is just the beginning, about half of a first layer. I did make some more progress today, but I might be at it a whole lot longer.


Normally I use very light colors, so now I decided to give myself a little challenge. I started by painting the whole canvas black and then added some dark colors.


I also didn't make a sketch like I usually do, but just started painting. The idea isn't set in stone, so it might turn out different from what I have in mind now.


Anyway it's a fun project and I look forward to finding out where it'll take me.

P.S. Tomorrow I'm picking up my first two batches of pictures made with the Diana F+! how exciting!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting!! LOVE working with oil paints. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! You go girl :) painting is magical

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, I did get your package, thank you SO much! The chocolate is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool that you paint! One of my fantasies is that I just pick up a paint brush one day and discover that I'm a natural:) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh color me completely jeal. i wish i did this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see the finished product! and thanks for your sweet comment! actually, flower teas aren't my favorite as far as taste goes... but they're so pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...