Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pretty Paintings: Greg Simkins

A new art discovery always makes my day. And it sure did today when I found Greg Simkins! He's created such an extroardinary fantasy world, it's just unbelievable how anyone's imagination could deliver paintings as amazing as these.


He uses both colours and themes I absolutely adore and the detail is amazing! Like most cool artists, he has painted a few owls.
He reminds me of Scott Radke mixed with Dali, with a Mark Ryden technique and sometimes Miss Van like creatures. I'm a huge fan already and I wouldn't be surprised if you are after these pictures too. I put together a collection for you, it gets darker as you go. Enjoy!










All images belong to Greg Simkins of course.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are just beautiful!!! So haunting :)

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, his work is intense. I'm in love! Thanks for sharing him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, his work is amazing! Will look up some more of it :)
    And a happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of those images are quite magical......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...