Friday, November 29, 2013

Lovely Movies: Pride and Prejudice

I'm always embarrassed to admit I haven't read Jane Austen's most famous novel. I haven't seen the series either, but I feel like I've slightly made up for that by watching the movie that was released in 2005.


Honestly, I didn't have very high expectations. I've heard so many people rave about the original series and talk shit about this one., but I thought it was actually a wonderful movie. And the dresses didn't hurt either!

Remember the 1-minute rule, maybe 1:20 or so!

And I am definitely inspired to go read the book now. I've had a copy for years and years. High time I dust it off and take it for a spin! Also, for the record... I did actually read Mansfield Park. So I'm not a total Austen-barbarian!

5 comments:

  1. Oh you must read the books!! I only seen a little of this re-make, I prefer the tv series with Colin Firth in it, he's always Mr. Darcy to me :)) I love these books though, so wonderful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie and books are still on my to do list haha. I'm so late..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read the books as well, but the series and the film are wonderful. I love them! - Tasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this movie! The end is so beautifully made! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...