Friday, April 25, 2014

Lovely Movies: the Book Thief

The little blogging hiatus is mostly to blame on my birthday. After my celebrations, some important things and sunny weather, I was just too drained to blog. I did go see the Book Thief though and I'm so glad I did!


Somehow I didn't make it through the entire book. I can't remember if I disliked it or not, I think not, because I do love the story. I probably didn't read often during the time I tried this book, and I must have lost track of where I was.


The movie definitely made me want to give the book another try though! It was wonderful, heartbreaking, heartwarming and yes, it did made me cry a bit towards the end.

I'm not drawn to WWII films/books, if anything I tend to stay away from them. Though there are a few exceptions that proved really amazing once I gave them a chance. This one included.


5 comments:

  1. ahh I really want to see that movie! I saw the trailer a while ago and it definitely seems like the kind of thing I'd enjoy watching so I'm glad to hear it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!!! I loved the book and I loved the movie! The book needs to be in the cannon for books of this century, it's certainly a master piece, I recommend it to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, i want to see the movie. i loved the book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh the book thief is one of my favourite books ever!! i wanted to catch the film in the cinemas but then i didn't want to be caught sobbing in a public place, so i ended up missing it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...