Saturday, April 12, 2014

One Zentangle a Day

When I got that nasty flu a little while ago I decided I could use a hobby that would take very little time or skill and would just be relaxing and without any pressure whatsoever. Zentangles came to mind. So I ordered a book!


It took a while to decide, because there are so many, but I ended up picking One Zentangle a Day by Beckah Krahula.
Of course it only arrived two days ago. But in those two days I've been zentangling like crazy. I love it!

Every spread is a one day tutorial and it teaches you three patterns that you can use to fill in the zentangle. It might seem a little simple, and it is. However, it is great having a manual and seeing all those neat little patterns that I might not have come up with myself.


The picture above is my very first zentangle. Is it simple? Yes. Is it kinda messy? Sure. Did I have fun making it? Hell yeah! I love this new hobby. Don't be surprised if you see more of these popping up in the future...

4 comments:

  1. Oh i love the result Laura! I love black and whit drawings.Can't wait to see more of zentagles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so neat - am definitely bookmarking :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I've heard of it, it seems a lot of fun, I would definitely like to see more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool! I've never heard of zentangles.

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...