Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mixed Shelf #9

Ok, I am back in the reading game. Being sick usually results in a lot of extra reading, though I have to admit I'm not always up for it at the moment. Which brings me to my loophole of easy to follow fast-paced, action-packed trilogies.


Wanting: May Bird and the Ever After by Jodi Lynn Anderson
I am actually waiting for the right time to get boxed set of this trilogy. It was cheaper on the Book Depository a while back and paying more now feels wrong, even though it's very affordable still. Especially on Amazon, if you're US-based. Anyway, magical children's trilogy about a girl with a feline sidekick named Somber Kitty? Count me in!



Reading: Divergent by Veronica Roth
After seeing the movie I decided I did actually want to jump on the bandwagon and read the books after all. The pretty UK boxed set arrived at my door this week and I got started right away. It's such an easy read, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Even with aches, itches and sleep deprivation I can find the focus to be distracted by this.



Waiting: Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
This is the second book in a trilogy. I picked up all three at a second hand place that gives all proceeds to charity. Always nice when a reading addiction does some good. Anyway, I read the first last year and hope to continue with the second pretty soon, because I'm afraid I'll forget too much otherwise. Hoping for a lot of magic in this sequel!




What are you drawn to, bookwise, when you are sick? Any tips for what I should pick up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...