Friday, December 5, 2014

Lovely Movies: the Giver

So I was a little sick AND working on a knitting project. What better time for a random movie? Having read and enjoyed a Lois Lowry book early this year, The Giver seemed like a nice movie to watch before starting on the book.


Do I still want to read the book now? Yes! And the rest of the series, because I want to know what happens next. And also because although I quite enjoyed this film, I am aware of the fact that books are usually better.

Here's the trailer, though thankfully the actual movie is a lot calmer and less chaotic:

Have you read the books? Are they in fact better than the movie? Or was it a decent adaptation?



1 comment:

  1. Ah I remember reading this book years and years ago! I've heard about the movie but haven't watched it yet, I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...