Friday, January 2, 2015

A Brand New Year!

In December I felt sick and overwhelmed, which -combined with celebrating the holidays- led to me neglecting this lovely space online. I am very excited to get back into it though! And I thought I'd start with a New Year's post.


It definitely wasn't all bad, but all in all 2014 was no picknick. In fact, it was one of the hardest years of my life. (With a lot more responsibility and a lot more health issues.) However, here are some milestones and happy memories to look back on:

  • I moved into my own apartment.
  • Adopted a wonderful cat. His name is Tofu, by the way!
  • Decided to get more serious about making music.
  • Met lovely bloggers in real life.
  • Went to a bunch of bookish events and read a lot.
  • Permitted myself to knit with more luxurious yarns.
  • Won a real Marc Jacobs bag.
  • Treated myself to a movie theater membership.
  • And received wonderful emails and snail mail from some of you guys.

Given my current condition, I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. In fact, it's pretty tempting to not make any goals or resolutions, but I do want to accomplish some things in 2015. So I'll try to focus on the following:

  • Finding a good routine that works for me, so I can rest enough, yet still do the things I need/want.
  • Continue my musical adventure and make some progress in writing/performing/recording/etc.
  • Get my studio space in order. I moved about a year ago, but it's still a storage space now.
  • Keep making social plans and spending time with lovely people.
  • And really get back into blogging. Because I just love it!

*

How did 2014 treat you? What were some of your highlights? And do you have any plans or resolutions for 2015?

*

Anyway, I want to thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I hope you'll continue to read Blue Eyed Night Owl in 2015, and I just want to wish you a very happy, creative and wonderful new year!



5 comments:

  1. It sounds like despite the bad times, you made the most of the year! I too hope to buckle down and make steps towards making music, like learning piano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!
    I know you're health hasn't been that great in 2014 but you've still been able to accomplish many things and I'm glad you were able to get out and about when your energy levels allowed! I can't wait to hear more about your musical adventures and can't wait to see more photo's of Tofu as he continues to settle in with you ;)
    I have a few goals for this year, but this month it's mainly finishing our kitchen diner and booking our road trip!
    xo Amy | I Am Adorkable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you. I hope your health will improve a lot. Take care! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. LuxLair is the number one authentic luxury designer online outlet.
    Where you can find luxury Saint Laurent Handbags at discounted prices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...