Saturday, November 19, 2016

Lovely Movies: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

The Miss Peregrine trilogy made me fangirl before even dipping in a toe. I bought the books early on, but that whole Schrödinger's Cat scenario of enjoyment vs disappointment had a real hold on me and so I still haven't read them.

But I will read them soon, as I adored the movie. Tim Burton knows how to create visual masterpieces, and the cast was phenomenal (and included a bunch of my favorite actors). I got the impression there were some flaws in the logic or continuity sometimes, but that can all be forgiven as it was so very magical and highly entertaining.

All the trailers showed way too much of the story, so instead I'm posting this:

I expected it to be more of a children's movie but found it actually bordered on horror at times. Nothing too traumatic, but something to be aware of in case you're easily creeped out or planning on bringing kids to see it on the big screen.

Anyway, I'll buy the dvd either way, but I'm really crossing my fingers that they'll release some sort of fancy special edition… Like a steelcase or something with embossing, ooh, or a slipcase! And a second disc with extras...

4 comments:

  1. Oh I really loved this movie, I adore tim burton but went into the movie pretty blindly with low expectations - was pleasantly surprised! Totally agree on the horror element, I was thinking of the poor kids in the movie (the trailer really sells it more as a kids movie I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I really enjoyed the movie as well. Just like you I had expected it to be more of a movie for kids and thought it was frightening at times, but nonetheless I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good film! The kids really enjoyed watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about you, but I was having so much fun watching it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...