Monday, May 9, 2011

Marvelous Music: Ray LaMontagne

Ray LaMontagne's CD "Gossip in the Grain" has been permantly planted in my CD played ever since I got it for my birthday. It has the right amount of upbeat tunes and slow songs; a nice soulful vibe and just the kind of Country that even a European girl like myself can not resist.


The more I listen to it the more I love it. I've been playing some songs from other cd's as well, but this is a song one I still put on a lot.


This next one got me into his music in the first place:


And I could not leave you guys without posting this song as well:


He's quite a famous artist, I believe, but this might still have been a first for some of you. Hope you enjoyed it!

5 comments:

  1. oh wow, at a first glance, he looked just like the singer from herman dune (who are amazing live). nope, you're right, i hadn't heard of ray before. isn't it great finding a new artist to enjoy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i first fell in love with him in college because i could play his music, close my eyes and picture myself lying in a flowery field OR walking down the city streets and feeling completely at ease. he still has that affect on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah he's one of my favorites! Hoping to be able to see him in concert this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore him! My favorite is 'lesson learned' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelter is my favourite song by him and I love that live version. I have watched it so many times. I don't have his newest album but I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll have to make a little purchase I think :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...