Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lovely Movies: Only Lovers Left Alive

This movie is something special. Something really, really special. I had actually nearly missed it at the cinema, but managed to catch it on the very last day. But I might just get the dvd on the release-date to make up for that.


Holy guacamole, I don't even know where to begin… The first shot was freaking gorgeous and it had Wanda Jackson's song "the Funnel of Love" to give it this eerie vibe. I was sold within the first couple of seconds. And I really knew I had found a new favorite when the blood popsicle-scene came. Tilda, way to go!


Anyway, this film is full of pretty guitars, amazing apartments and fantastic actors. I love that it was calm, yet exciting and just unlike any film I'd ever seen before. I even loved the romance in it, which I often don't in contemporary vampire stories. Also, it was really funny at times, had a nice dose of mischief and I love how they dealt with death too. Oh, and it wasn't even that gory.

You should really just skip the trailer and trust my judgement, but here we go:



Just go see it, ok? GO! You won't regret it. And you might just want to change your hairdo after... why was Tilda's hair so intriguing?!

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Yes!! I agree with you -it was so beautiful and stylish. I'm going to buy it on DVD when it comes out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome I'll have to keep an eye when it comes out - the ice blocks at the end definitely sealed the deal for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's already on my watchlist! :) I have a feeling I will love it^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great. I love Wanda Jackson, so when you mentioned her I got way more interested...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of this film until reading your post just now. As soon as you mentioned vampires I was in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...