Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mixed Shelf #6

I'm currently reading a bit of a historical mystery (to review for goodreads), I'm hoping to read more of that and I happened to have my eye on a few already, so I found a nice little group to go together. And yes, they look pretty too!


Wanting: Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald
Theodora spills alcohol over her grandfather's painting. Another more valuable painting turns out to be hiding underneath. Her family could really use the money, however it might just be a stolen painting. So she's going to have to find out exactly what happened, which should provide us with a lovely adventure. I've heard many good things!



Reading: The Steady Running of the Hour by Justin Go
As mentioned, I won this as a First Reads proof copy. I only join giveaways for books I actually want to read and this one seemed really interesting. I only finished the first few chapters so far, but they were all really promising and intriguing. It's sort of an inheritance mystery, if that is a thing. I'm really enjoying the writing by the way.



Waiting: The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
You know I am a cover whore. I am also strangely intrigued by long books, hence getting the Luminaries was pretty unavoidable. With 800+ pages I'm sure this will take me a while, but I still do plan on reading it and have my copy at the ready. Also, there should be a lot of astrology in it to match the pretty moons and stars on the front.

goodreads // available here, or suddenly really cheap as an audiobook


Did you read any of these? I know the first and last are quite the hype at the moment. Any tips for me, perhaps?

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I'm a cover whore, too ;p. So far I've been very lucky and have enjoyed all the books I got just because of their cover. That third one looks really pretty!

    Have a wonderful week, Laura! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the luminaries... but it's so big! am not sure i can do it! like the look of 'under the egg'.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely will look in to obtaining a copy of "The Steady Running of the Hour by Justin Go"! It sounds really interesting! And the cover art is wonderful!
    P.S - Sorry you weren't able to comment on my blog due the the G+ thing, I must've clicked it the other day while trying to sort something out! Anyway, G+ comments have been disabled now & gone back to good old Blogger comments! :D Will reply to your email soon lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...